changes

I apologize for my silence, been trying to keep up with some changes lately.

First, and perhaps the most significant, is that I enrolled in a writing class. This is something that I've always wanted to do but never had the courage to do it. Just the thought of reading my writings in front of an audience, no matter how small, was enough to throw me in a panic mode. But not anymore. I'm still scared witless that I have to share my deepest thoughts to a group of people that I hardly know but at least now I'm willing to do it. Even if my sweaty palms says otherwise.

Next stop: getting an S sticker. If you live in San Francisco and you have a car, you'll understand what I'm talking about. Basically, the city is divided into different residential parking zones and each one is assigned to a particular letter. So for me, getting the S sticker only means one thing: street parking. Yup, I gave up my parking space because I could no longer afford it. Which means that now I have to hustle for a parking spot everyday. Which also means that I have to start letting go and loving my car a little less. This is certainly not an easy thing to do, just yesterday I saw a scratch on my car that wasn't there before and I wanted to throw a fit, but I'm working on it. Really. Its just a car.

Here's another one: bellydancing. Haha. Signing-up for this class was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Don't know how I feel about it yet, but I do love our studio and the music. As for the dancing, we'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

And oh, I'm staying in SF. For another year at least. Now that I've had a taste of this city's literary life, I'm not sure if I want to give it up just yet. I'm probably gonna end up not saving any money whatsoever because this city is so darn expensive, but what the heck, you only have one life to live, might as well stay in a place that inspires and touches your soul. I'll worry about my finances later.

So that's it in a nutshell. I'm still looking for a job for the two months when school is out. I originally wanted to volunteer in Honduras with my friend Joan who always goes there for two weeks during the summer but I don't think that's possible right now. Unless of course, some wonderful cosmic alignment will occur and I'll wake up student loan-free, with a little cash on the side. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment