ooops...


It was raining hail this afternoon and I was freezing. But I refused to feel miserable because I did that yesterday already and it didn't do me much good, I was just moping around the apartment, couldn't even summon the energy to finish my writing assignment. And I stayed up so late last night trying to get something done; typing a couple of incoherent sentences, starting a report for one of my kids, making a list of the things I need for my treatment sessions...in short, just stressing out really because I didn't even finish anything that I started.


So today, when I got back from work, I decided to go out of the apartment, browse some shops at Union Square, and return a book that someone gave me because I already have a copy of that book (she was so good, she gave me a gift receipt!).


At the MUNI (train) on my way to Union Square, an officer started checking our tickets. Mind you, in the 6 months that I lived here no one has ever checked MUNI tickets before. But I guess that's gonna change from now on, unfortunately for this one guy who didn't have a ticket. I felt so bad for him, especially since there were so many people inside the train who saw him as he was being questioned by the officer. When we got off at Powell station, I saw 3 more people who were detained because they didn't have tickets. How embarassing, I thought.


Little did I know that I'd have my own share embarassing moments later.


Moment #1: So I was gonna exchange the book right? Well, there I was at Borders, smiling at the cashier and handing her the book and the gift receipt. She looked at it and said, "Oh, this is actually from Barnes and Nobles." Ooops. I think I turned crimson. I thought about all the people standing in line behind me who must have heard what she said and I just wanted to disappear right there. But I swear, when I looked at the gift receipt I really thought it was from Borders.


Moment #2: On my way home, I decided to buy coffee at my favorite cafe and read for a little bit. While walking back to my table with my very hot cup of coffee, I tripped and almost spilled the entire contents on the man sitting nearby. Thank God it missed him by a couple of inches! And I had a quarter of the coffee left. But still.


Only me, right? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment