oh what a night!

Thanks to my theater-savvy cousin, I had the chance to watch the Broadway hit Jersey Boys at the Curran Theater last Thursday night.

The musical is based on the real story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and although I hadn't known of them before, I do know most of their songs.
Big Girls Don't Cry, Sherry, Walk Like a Man, Rag Doll - to name just a few.

It was like a trip down memory lane for me, growing up with my parents singing to most of these songs. I remember how my mom used to teach us how to dance the swing to the jazz version of Can't Take My Eyes Off of You and my sister and I would shout to the top of our lungs along with the chorus of "I love you baby...!" And unlike me who can only sing in the shower, my parents and my two sisters do have a very good singing voice. In fact, my parents even played lead roles on a local Christmas musical back in the day.

Anyways, if you haven't seen it, hurry and buy your tickets now. Its absolutely beautiful and it more than lived up to its stellar reviews and awards. I would even watch it again just to hear Frankie Valli's character sing My Eyes Adored You. *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment