whoa, so much fun!

I was at the Maker Faire in San Mateo last Saturday and boy was it fun. So many things to see, touch, hear, taste, smell. It was definitely a form of sensory overload, but in a good way. I was amazed at the amount of creativity and talent that I saw. Everyone was walking around with that little extra spring to their step like they are just so happy to be there. Of course, the arts and crafts section brought out the hoarder in me and I had to really remind myself not to buy anything on impulse and think about it at least a couple of times if I do really need it. I ended up buying these art prints from Jaime Zollars, an L.A. based magazine and children's book illustrator. Aren't they beautiful? The colors and the texture is absolutely dreamlike and I can't wait to put them up on my wall.


My cousin and I decided that we wanted to do some craft-making of our own and decorated wine jugs at the Carlo Rossi booth. I had so much fun getting my hands dirty and playing with the paints. We even got a free shirt and some wine tasting!


Someone from the booth asked us to pose for a picture with our wine jugs. Notice the green wristbands that we had to wear to show that we are "of legal drinking age". Hehe. Even then, I was still asked what my age was. Twice. Argh. Their Sangria was really good though plus we got to keep the wine jug AND download this pic for free at their website. Can't get any better than that right?


Read an entire feature about Maker Faire at Apartment Therapy SF

0 comments:

Post a Comment