multicolored heartbeats

Yesterday was the official start of summer school. I spent the entire time going from one school to another, checking to see where my kids are, driving all over the place, up and down the hills, in and out of streets that I've never been to before. It was craziness, in a fun kind of way.

I've heard some really bad stories about summer school and a couple of therapists that I know refused to work at this time of the year anymore. But so far, its been mellow for me. Or maybe I'm just really happy that its summertime already that nothing can faze me anymore, not even trying to find street parking in the Mission district or at Chinatown where some of my schools are located. And besides, my caseload is somewhat on the average side and I share two of my schools with another therapist so its not too bad.

Today, I was talking to one of the other OTs about how beautiful the weather is these days. And how much we love San Francisco. It was so good to know that someone who has lived here for more than 5 years still feels the same way as I do. She even went so far as, "I know that no matter where I go, I'll never be as happy as I am in this city."

For all my vagabonding tendencies, I really do feel the same way. I've always said that I can't stay in a place longer than 2 years, but just even thinking about leaving SF is making me feel really sad. If you ever come here or has been here before and has stood right on top of the hill in Dolores Park, with the entire city stretched out before you, then you will know what I'm talking about. There's just something about this place, as the song says, that makes you leave your heart here.

And if my life is a music video, this would describe it perfectly right now:



multicolored bouncy heartbeats spontaneous lightness wonder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment