wordplay

Guess what I found while traipsing the blogosphere today - an online poetry project! I was so excited I even skipped lunch (cue stomach growling) to read most of the poems shared by its participants. The object is to post anything related to poetry in your blog every Thursday and share it with the rest of the crew. I haven't written much poetry lately so this seems like a good place to start. They have lots of ideas and prompts that will help you write a poem or just be inspired with the written word.


So, here's what I've decided to share. Something that I wrote a year ago when I was still living in L.A. Revisiting this poem, I realized that I am in a completely different place now than I was when I wrote this one. Its amazing really how much a year can change you. Reading this took me back to those days in good ol' Carson when I really didn't know what I wanted but all I could think about was to be someplace else.

* * *


Unsettled


I am swirls of orange and red
dancing, rearranging
like makeshift words
crisscrossing
a poet's pen
I waver, I sigh
beneath your sundrenched
sky, golden beams
catching
my restless spin.

6 comments:

  1. Odessa -

    Enjoyed your writing!

    Welcome to the loose-woven, warm-hearted, border-less family that surrounds Poetry Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Poetry Thursday...

    And for sharing your lovely words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to PT.

    A great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rob, tracie, gautami...thanks for the warm welcome. you guys inspire me to write more.

    cheers to PT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way this poem dances. Looking at your profile we have things in common - I'm also a book hoarding lover of indie films!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello crafty green poet!

    thank you for your kind words. and i'm excited that you also love books and indie films. we should exchange notes one of these days.

    ReplyDelete