a whole lot of paperwork... and that boy

Two more days and school is over. That means a gazillion of reports and last-minute paperwork for a school-based therapist like me. I've gotten a couple of paper cuts already and my eyes are hurting from staring at my computer screen for hours. But who am I to complain? We get a 2-week break before summer school and then 3 more weeks of vacation before a new school year starts in late August. Not too bad, huh? If only I can get all this reports done, then I can definitely start planning my summer break.


And speaking of school, I watched Half Nelson this weekend and fell in love with the scrawny Ryan Gosling all over again. My friend Dae will surely laugh at me when she reads this. She has this theory that I am only drawn to those emotionally-distraught-skinny-jeans-wearing-artistic-types and Ryan Gosling's character in this movie obviously fits this description to a T. But seriously, his performance was mesmerizing as an inner city history teacher who spends most of his after-school hours in a cocaine-induced stupor that you'd almost want to save him from himself. Excellent soundtrack too.

6 comments:

  1. i just wanted to go over there and clean his apartment. and buy him some dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by and leaving a note, chloe!

    you're right, his acting was so subtle and believable that you'd want to make him clean up. or do it yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to watch this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should check it out jo anne, its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched it! I went out and bought it, and watched it!

    It was really good. and yes, I must say...ryan gosling is hot! =)

    thanks for the recommendation!!!

    ~joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to know that i'm not the only one who thinks he's hot. hehe.

    ReplyDelete