la valse d'amelie

Finish paperwork. Do laundry. Buy dress for Jane's wedding. Prep for treatment activities. The list goes on and on. Just even thinking about it is enough to make my head spin. The word "swamped" is an understatement. But what can I do? I can either whine and start pulling my hair or take a deep breath and try to relax a little. I decided to do the latter.

So here is a glimpse of a movie that never fails to make lift my spirits. Paris, unforgettable characters, and falling in love - all in the wonderful world of Amelie. This film is so lighthearted and whimsical you can't help but smile and wish you have a bike so you can pedal anywhere. And the colors, oh the colors, are just lovely! I read somewhere that the director portrayed a bright and clean Paris to show Amelie's view of the world around her and it works perfectly. I want to curl up in her lovely couch and watch old movies there. And oh, I just LOVE this song:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Odessa! I hope you had a really nice weekend! I also loved the movie "Amelie" -- brilliant acting and wonderful ambiance. You're right about trying to relax when things get too swampy -- I also try to carve out a few moments here and there to breathe and watch/listen to something that makes me smile. I wish I had gone to the summer of love anniversary festival in Golden Gate Park. It would have been really nice to see you there! Have a great week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi clare,
    you're the sweetest. i wish you'd gone to the summer of love concert too. would love to meet up with you one of these days. =)

    ReplyDelete