vivid



I am juggling a lot of things in my life right now. But amazingly enough, I've never felt more invigorated. I'm sure it has something to do with the sun and the gorgeous weather that we had this weekend. And oh, the news that I'm already an aunt! Yes, my sister-in-law gave birth to a baby girl last Saturday and I can't wait to see her although I have to wait for 3 months to do that since the rest of my family are in the Philippines. But no matter, I am still excited. I am a tita! *cue the silly grin*

Yesterday, I went out for a morning walk and forgot to wear my glasses. I am very nearsighted so everything was a blur from afar. Funny thing is, it forced me to look at things more closely and it made me feel like I was walking inside this poem by e.e. cummings:

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any–lifted from the no
of all nothing–human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

I guess we all need to walk around in a blur sometimes in order to really see.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Odessa! Congratulations on being an aunt -- that is so exciting! It's wonderful that you'll be able to go to the Philippines in 3 months. And you're so right about getting to look at things more closely -- it's a real treat to see details up close like that. Keep enjoying the sun -- it's so beautiful outside!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Congratulations.

    I know just what you mean about looking at things without your glasses. One thing I always enjoy doing at Christmastime is taking my glasses off and letting my very nearsighted eyes just look at the lit-up Christmas tree and see the lights showing up as huge blurry stars - a sight only the nearsighted can see!

    By the way, I have awarded you a Breakout Blogger/Best Kept Secret double award on my blog! You go to this website to claim them:

    http://www.bobbarama.com/blog-awards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bonding to you and your pamangkin! So, eager to be the "cool aunt"? Heehee.

    This is the second time tonight that e.e. cummings has 'spoken' to yours truly. Cargwaps (another Pinay blogger) has posted in her blog another beautiful, oh-so-beautiful poem by the beautiful man himself -- here's the link.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete