small pleasures



"Maybe happiness didn't have to be about big, sweeping circumstances, about having everything in your life in place. Maybe it was about stringing together a bunch of small pleasures... Maybe that was all you could ask for." -- Tibby from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I just love this quote. It is a gentle reminder to be grateful for those little pleasures in our lives that we often take for granted. And so today here is my string of happiness:
* Sunlight coming through the blinds and bathing my books by the window.
* Finding a perfect parking spot without having to drive around my neighborhood in circles.
* Taking a short nap at the end of an exhausting work day.
* An evening walk around Duboce Park and Lower Haight.
* A poem following me around and never letting go until I finally sat down and wrote it. (It's still very raw and scattered but I might post it later).

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful quote ... yes, a graceful reminder of seeking gratitude and joy in the little pleasures. Peace, JP/deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Odessa! Your photo is warm and cozy -- what a great chair and awesome stacks of books. I love what you wrote about small pleasures.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi deb,
    thanks for dropping by! glad you liked the quote.

    hi clare,
    i love this chair too, you can actually open it and store bedsheets, throws, etc. inside.
    :)

    ReplyDelete