five things



I'm in an overall smiling, humming-to-self mode tonight. This doesn't happen much on a workday, believe me. Especially on a Wednesday night, anticipating the agony of having to wake up at 6 am the following day. Obviously I am not a morning person and the snooze button is my best friend. That said, I thought I should share these 5 things that made me smile lately:

Transitioning to Spring. I'm loving the colors that's popping everywhere. Here in the city, you can definitely feel spring's awakening because cherry blossoms are all over the place these days.

Stanley Kunitz. And
this amazing poem. The last three lines made me gasp.

Mr. A-Z's concert. Everyone knows of my love for
Jason Mraz. In my dream world (you know, the one where I can travel anywhere I want to and somehow get all my writing done AND not have to worry about money), he is singing I'm Yours (I won't hesitate no more...this is our fate, I'm yours) to me and only me. Haha. But seriously, I just can't wait to see my favorite geek in the pink perform live. Is it April yet?

Young Folks. Speaking of music, this song has been playing in my head now. I love the whistling and their retro-inspired animated video. It reminds me of the 70's and of course, San Francisco:



Random finds in the web. I am not a US citizen, hence I can't vote, but I enjoy watching the election campaign from the sidelines. And you've got to admit, this one is pretty original:

taken from http://barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com/ (tip: keep hitting the refresh button to read new ones)

* * *
How about you, what made you smile lately? Share. =)

5 comments:

  1. S. Thomas SummersMarch 14, 2008

    i too am fond of the kunitz poem you linked us to. great minds think alike!!

    glad i stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding your comment on January's blog and remembering I hadn't visited in a while.

    The daffodills in my yard.

    A new knitting project.

    Friday.

    Getting a Happy 3.14 day email abotu Einstein's BDay today.

    Knowing have a hair apppointment tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi s.thomas summers,
    welcome and thanks for dropping by. yeah, "touch me" is one of my faves. i should memorize it. =)

    hi deb,
    thanks for sharing your five things! i've always wanted to learn how to knit, maybe my new obsession with scarves will motivate me. and oh, fridays always makes me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem "Touch Me."Such an amazing poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thanks for the link to the poem (I hadn't read it before) and the Barack Obama site. That did make me smile!

    ReplyDelete