bike rides and a glorious sunday

I used to ride my bike everywhere when I was little. And this weekend, I rediscovered my love for biking when my friend Monica and I randomly decided to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge towards Sausalito. Here is a visual diary of our 9-mile ride.


We rented our bikes from Bike and Roll at the Fisherman's Wharf.


Biking along Chrissy Field, we saw children chasing kites. Such complete happiness in their faces.
I could stay there all day and just watch them play.



I may look excited here, but I can tell you that a part of me was a little nervous. I haven't biked in a long time, and to go from not biking to biking along the hills is well, kinda crazy.
But it was all worth it when we were already biking on the bridge. Too beautiful for words.


Here is Monica on the north side of the bay right after crossing the bridge.
This part of the ride has the most breathtaking views. And look at those little ducks in the water!



Our last stop: Sausalito. We had lunch at a seaside cafe and gazed across the water
towards the city and its hovering fog. Mostly we marveled at how we were able to bike
all the way thereand still made it in one piece. Then we took the ferry ride back home.


Sending warm and sunny thoughts your way,
~Odessa

6 comments:

  1. I love SF, it is such a beautiful city.......that kite photo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a glorious day indeed! I bike a fair amount around the city but I've never done the bridge. I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely photos of your bike ride! I love the Golden Gate bridge,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so happy! What a glorious day. Thanks for showing us San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jo, thanks! that kite is spectacular in person.

    cuileann, you must bike across the bridge. its magical.

    juliet, thanks! i'm biased but it is really my favorite bridge of all.

    january, you're very welcome. i love sharing my love for SF here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day you had! I'm envious! Except I'm the world's worst bike rider, LOL! Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete