confession tuesday

I can't believe we're halfway through November, can you? It doesn't feel like the holidays are coming at all. In fact, it doesn't even feel like fall where I am. Yesterday while driving from one school to another, the temperature outside was 84 degrees. I can only imagine how it is in Southern California, with the fires. One of my friends who lives in L.A. even got sick from all that smoke. I know because I looked at her Facebook.

* * *
So Facebook. I'm hooked. My coworker said its her "drug of choice". I said, "same here". She said, "Really? How about Jason Mraz?" "Oh him too," I answered. Haha. His limited edition album actually came out today and I've been telling everyone to check it out on iTunes. Gotta spread the Mraz love, you know.

* * *
I've finally decided to submit some of my poems to an online literary journal. Its my first time, so my palms are sweating already even though I haven't sent my poems out yet. Last weekend, I went through all my pieces and realized that the ones I like the most are sad, sad ones, written around September-November of last year. Funny thing is, I don't even recall feeling so down in those months, though I do remember having written a lot.

* * *
One more thing: I'm chickening out of my journal submission plan already. Eeeek!

3 comments:

  1. "I know because I looked at her Facebook." Haha. :)

    Good on you for submitting! And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is my drug of choice, too.

    And good for you for sending to journals. Develop a tough skin, but keep sending because your work will no doubt find a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely send to journals. You write beautifully!

    ReplyDelete