five things



It's been a hectic week but I'm so glad its the weekend and doubly glad that its almost Thanksgiving break. Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday. Here are some of the things thats making me happy right now:

~Grass scent from The Gap. Yes, its making a comeback and I couldn't be happier! I love, love, love this subtle scent and was so sad when they discontinued it when I was in college. It will always remind me of summers and those times when all we did was sit/lay on the grass and read to our hearts content. (Hint: my birthday is coming up next month, now you know what to get me. *cheeky grin*)

~My father's first e-mail ever. You see, my parents live in a small town with limited access to internet and are not at all tech-savvy. So imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail from my dad, all lowercase and in text-lingo (e.g. pls col us la8r)! Turns out that he bought a new laptop and is now completely fascinated with it. Who knows, maybe in a couple of weeks he'll have a Facebook account! Haha.

~This lovely blog post. Jo is originally from Mexico City and is now studying in Sweden. Her photos are soooo beautiful.

~Driving down to San Diego for Thanksgiving. I'm not too excited about the road trip but I'm definitely looking forward to the warm weather and some fun in the sun. And oh, possibly meeting up with friends (Dae, Irish, Vanessa - I'm talking about you guys).

~This video (via A Cup of Jo). I think she's so adorable, almost like a little Amelie. Watch it and I promise you it'll make you smile a thousand smiles.

What about you, what's making you happy lately?

(Photo via red aprons & lunchboxes)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that blog post too, especially the photo you reposted. And that French girl - I've seen her once before, SO ADORABLE. I want to steal her.

    Your parents got connected! That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuileann, i want to adopt her too! i think everything sounds so much better in French.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good food, off beat comedy/drama movies(no action/tragedies), sunshine and long walks make me very happy and content.

    Have to tell you that you have a beautiful way with words and I love the way you think- its very soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for email!

    Have a good Thanksgiving in San Diego.

    P.S. I did a fun post on my five happy addictions over at my blog today.

    P.P.S. My word verification is "undeadj". Uh...yeah. That gives me a lot of good memories...about being undead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Odessa, about the dress is an H&m dress that I've bought throu ebay so I don't know if it's still available throu h&m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good thing when your father
    sends an e-mail. I still get a kick when my parents send notes because they are not tech-savvy at all.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering about that book with a title about Swedish grammar written in Spanish! A whimsical photo.

    Your dad sounds like a fun person. He already knows more texting lingo than I do....

    I'll come back later to check the links. Gotta go teach a class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Just whizzed by to say happy thanksgiving, I know you're not from the US, me neither, but hey, you get a day off, right? And the chance to eat a lot *grin*.

    ReplyDelete