"i wish i had a river i could skate away on"

Yesterday was my 29th birthday! It wasn't what I had planned it to be, but it turned out just perfect. I was overjoyed by it all - the presents, the birthday greetings, all the serendipitous surprises. I feel so blessed. And so, so loved.

Here are photos from last night's dinner. I'm showing off some of my gifts - a set of Tibetan prayer flags and a handmade sweater. My cousin dared me to wear a pair of sunglasses and I happily obliged, after two glasses of sangria. Hee.


Also, I started this blog on the eve of my 26th birthday, so that means this blog is now 3 years old! Wow! It is without a doubt, one of the best things that I ever did for myself and for my writing. Thank you, thank you all for coming to visit and for being a part of my little site. And all the best for 2009!

Title taken from the song River by Joni Mitchell

6 comments:

  1. Happy B'day and may the coming year bring a lot of joy and happiness, content and dreams accomplished.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday & new year! Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! mine is the 23rd of dec. we are twin stars....see you in the new year & hope it is better. ms. mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. spontaneous mini - thank you. happy new year to you too!

    maya - thanks! it was a wonderful day, i'm still smiling.

    miss mary - thanks for dropping by! yes, we are indeed twinees. hope you're having a great holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday. ;) You get to celebrate three special days by the end of each year, lucky you. (grin) Triple treat. These pics are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy LATE Birthday, Odessa! I'm glad it was such a lovely day for you. :)

    ReplyDelete