five things that's making me happy


This picture from Domino magazine. If I were to envision a future house, this would be my dream entryway. I love everything about it - the wooden bench, the artworks, the casually placed throw. Will definitely bookmark this one in my folder of "inspirations".

Writing my intentions for the year. I consider myself a very spontaneous, come-what-may type of person and I rarely write any goals, but like I said before this is a big year for me so I decided to make a list of my intentions. I finally finished it last Sunday, in time for President Obama's inauguration, which also became a personal celebration for me to start anew. I'm very excited!

Yoga. I've had this throbbing pain on my left jaw lately, which I attributed to my teeth-grinding during sleep, so I forced myself to go to my yoga class to help me de-stress even if I wasn't feeling like going at all. I'm amazed at how yoga makes me feel so invigorated afterwards, like I've found my way back to my body again. I really need to go more often. And I really need to go to the dentist ASAP and have my jaw checked.

Blogging poets and their books. Two of my blogger friends have published their own poetry books! Eleven-year old Maya just received a hard copy of her book today and January/Poet Mom's first poetry book will also be published this year. I'm so inspired by these ladies.

This print via Heartfish. And now my motto:


What about you, what's making you happy right now?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you!

    And as for what's making me happy -- sunshine, poetry, and amazing friends like you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maya, thanks! sunshine + poetry are on top of my all-time happiness list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spending sundays with the family makes me happy right now! family hikes, family giggles, family dinner, the family dog. it's all about the family. cheers!

    ReplyDelete