confession tuesday

Its that day of the week again, time to confess. What have you been up to? Care to share something new/embarassing/wicked? Do tell.

* * *
I've been almost late for everything lately. Its so nerve-racking, especially if its something important, like giving a case presentation in front of 50 or so therapists. I was so rattled and so hungry that I literally grabbed the first food in sight - a pack of raisins from a co-worker, who was "lucky" enough to sit next to me. I don't think I even asked if I could eat her raisins.

* * *
Not having internet access at home for more than 3 days really threw me off. Boy was I glad when it was finally fixed and I can get online again. In fact, I think this is the reason why I've been late for my appointments. I spend too much time catching up on my favorite blogs and checking Facebook because I felt like I missed so much already.

* * *
Aside from being tardy, I've also been slacking off in my fitness routine. Case in point: Today I was all ready to go to my yoga class, I even made it as far as my car, then all of a sudden I felt really tired and could barely keep my eyes open, so I turned around and walked back to my apartment instead. And guess what I did afterwards - eat ice cream. I'm blaming the rain. Ha.

* * *
I made a promise of always keeping fresh flowers in my apartment this year. So far, I've only missed a week. But I have to confess that I really have no clue when it comes to flower arrangement. I tried to read some basic tips online and the best tip that I found was this: let the flowers teach you. So I'm taking the flowers' lead this time, there is something very soothing about it.

* * *
Speaking of flowers, I can't wait for spring. Or is it spring already? It sure doesn't feel like it here because its been raining nonstop and the sky is always grey.

* * *
Lastly, I must confess that I've watched this video for about a hundred times already. It has so many of the things that I love: summery clothes, Scrabble, vintage bicycles, stripes and plaids, a guitar-strumming boy, this French song... ah, it just makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Odessa,

    There is something very soothing and sunny about your site even when you confess. I love flowers. I used to purchase them every week. Can't at the moment, but I do treat myself. They do make you feel good.

    March is Women's History Month! I love this month. Come by. My confession is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh flowers too. Happily for me, the magnolia in my front garden is about to bloom for a few short weeks and I will be able to look out on it instead.

    Your work sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lateness gives me the nastiest stressed feeling too. *nosewrinkle*

    ReplyDelete
  4. susan, you're the second person who told me that my blog is soothing. thank you.

    jo, i'm jealous that you have a garden...maybe someday i'll gave one too.

    cuileann, nosewrinkle is just about right!

    ReplyDelete