confession tuesday

I will keep this short because I'm sick today. I think I caught one of the bugs that's been going around at my schools. Boo.

* * *
So we went hiking last Sunday. But really, it was more 75% climbing up and down stairway walks in Diamond Heights. And now I'm paying for it, my calf muscles are so sore that I can barely walk downstairs.

* * *
I had a near-meltdown last Saturday night. Something to do with friends taking advantage of my inability to say 'no'. If you know me, my life is generally drama-free and I avoid confrontations as much as I can, but I've reached a point when I really had to put my foot down, which I didn't and I was so mad at myself.

* * *
I think I will give NaPoWriMo a shot this year and try to write a poem a day. Yes, everyday.

* * *
Listening to Belle and Sebastian just fills me with joy. This song is on constant repeat on my playlist: Wrapped Up In Books. I la la la love it so and I hope you will too!

10 comments:

  1. I'm trying NPWM this time too. I'm a first-timer, so I've got high hopes. Though that's probably not the way to roll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better. And yea for NaPoWriMo. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Spring colds are worse than any other. Crap, and pass a tissue.

    The 'no' thing is hard. I hope you can keep the boundaries intact that you need. (And cut yourself slack, too. When you have to move/change/fix them. It happens. It does indeed.)

    I *loved* your hike. Saw it on my reader and forgot to say: Cool! Good for you! The muscles will comply. Eventually! Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't exercise at all this winter and my pants are talking to me. I have allergies so while I need to walk, I have to take drugs to do it. argggggg! But I must walk. The older you get the more exercise is a requirement and not simply an option.

    Mine's up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better. That also sucks about the drama. It makes being sick even worse. Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maya, best of luck to all of us crazy enough to join NaPoWriMo! :P

    january, thanks!

    deb, yeah i think its allergies. and they look like they're not going away any time soon.

    susan, arggggh is right (re: allergies). but at least walking gives us an opportunity to look at the pretty living things around.

    julie, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My catchall advise to everyone is to take a hot bath in Epsom salts. It cures fatigue, sore muscles, and angst. !2 minutes, very hot water.

    See you on the napowrimo circuit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learning to say 'no' is so difficult. Perhaps the fact you're conscious about it means you may be able to do it the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm doing NaPoWriMo too. Rawther excited. :D

    I hope you are feeling better by now! Healthier as well as less distressed.

    ReplyDelete