confession tuesday

Hello, confessional. Its been more than a month since I last saw you. And yes, I have things to share. Are you ready?

* * *
Just came back from the dentist and goodness, I was reminded once again why I dread going to the dentist in the first place. I was there for hours (counting travel time because I took the train)! My dentist had to give me rest periods in between because I have a really bad TMJ and I could barely open my jaw towards the end of it. And oh, for more good news -- we're not done, I have to go back again. Ugh.

* * *
Last night I ate ice cream for dinner. Yes, only ice cream. And I wonder why I have a lot of cavities. Eeek.

* * *
This past Sunday my friends and I went to Berkeley and I swear my heart ached a little when we walked around the UC campus. If someone will give me money now, you know I'd go back to school in a heartbeat. And yeah, I am also pretty sure that I must have been a Berkeley undergrad in my past life. Lit major, of course.

* * *
Poetry is taking a backseat in my life right now. I mean, I'm still reading poetry but I haven't been writing them. I guess after NaPoWriMo when I really did try my hardest to write everyday, I wanted to take a break from poetics. I do hope that inspiration will come soon. Not writing poetry makes me a bit anxious, I have this silly fear that if I don't write for a long time, the poems will be gone and I won't be able to write them at all.

* * *
I heard someone say "Hola, mi amor"-- the look in his eyes and the way he said it made me want to switch places with his girlfriend, even for just one day. Sigh.

* * *
How about you, anything you want to share? Don't forget to visit The Confessional at Poet Mom's.

5 comments:

  1. I think we were separated from birth. Although, the going to the dentist doesn't bother me. Hope your next visit is quick and painless.

    Ice cream--yum!

    If I won a big lottery, I would be a full-time student for the rest of my life (and eat lots of ice cream!).

    The poems will come. Give it time, but you may have to coax the poems out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* your confessions! (Poor mouth, yikes.) Ice-cream for dinner: Yay. That fellow, a beautiful campus. Oh, yes. Indeed.

    :-) And I understand that fear. But don't believe it. It fibs like guilt does.

    (Frida is better today. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate you your confessions on so many levels. I know, give me some money and I would be a full time student for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a poem about Mr. Hola-mi-amor would be fantastic. Switching places for a day. You have a great imagination.

    I've only written one sorry little poem this month, so I know how you feel. Ialso wrote a sort of short story, very short, only 300 words. But that's it.

    Dentist, bummer. At least you got it out of the way for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. january, i think so too! and we need to buy a lottery ticket, don't we? :)

    deb, thanks!

    thinking aloud, welcome! glad you wandered over here. i'll head over to your blog soon.

    christine, you're giving me ideas! haha. a poem about swapping lives with someone...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete