confession tuesday

I spent last Saturday afternoon at the library and it felt like coming home. Its been a while since I've been to a library, I much rather prefer writing (read: people-watching/daydreaming/staring into space) at a coffee shop because I love the background noise of people around me, especially if they are speaking in a foreign language, but the library is another magical experience all together. When I'm at a library, I feel like I'm in the company of very special friends who let me be and give me that much needed space be alone with my thoughts. I came home carrying an arm-load of books and a smile on my face.

* * *
Ever since I saw this picture, I am now determined to know everything I can about the Parisian street with my name. And now, more than ever, I have an intense desire to go to Paris. A girl can dream, right?

* * *
I don't know why but I really love those intensely sad or melancholy music, those lay-in-the-bathtub-slit-your-wrist kind as my friend S likes to call them. Last night I listened to Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah and once again I felt strangely comforted by its sadness. I know Leonard Cohen wrote this song but I like Jeff Buckley's version the most. He had that perfectly haunting voice that's just the right match for the song, its too bad that he died so young I would have loved to hear him sing it live.

* * *
I haven't written a single poem for the month of May but I did scribble some poem notes. There's one story/idea that I'm really excited about. Here's to hoping that I'll find the words or rather, the words will find me and I'll be able to finish it soon.

* * *
How about you, any secrets or big news that you want to share? I'd love to hear all about them! And oh, please don't forget to visit The Confessional.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, there is nothing like going to the library or a really good book store. I am going home to NY this summer and I can't wait to climb the stairs, pass the lions, and sit among the authors at the New York Public Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're all giving ourselves a break this May by not writing. But I hope you can get that story idea down on paper.

    Also, I think you should save your pennies and go to Paris! Life is too short to put your dreams on standby. Oh, the stories and poems you could write about that street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm with you on Hallelujah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my confession is that I have infinite unfinished blog posts. and the finished are handwritten jotted while travelling mostly.
    Just got back from Arizona. Witnessed nature's incredible Opus- a WORK in PROGRESS, "The Rainbow Bridge". And have many more words crawling all over my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking aloud, yes. i haven't been to the NY public library but i've always wanted to go there, esp after watching those scenes from Sex and the City. :)

    january, how i wish! i need to pay off my debts first before i can even plan for Paris. but yeah, i should start saving my pennies.

    cuileann, isn't this song just hauntingly beautiful?

    spontaneous mini, good to see you here! how exciting that you're traveling a lot...don't worry about not writing them, the words will follow later i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a town named Odessa in Georgia (US). I could take a road trip and steal a sign for you. Just kidding! But if I ever go, I'll take a picture for you. It's not Paris, but...well...it's all I got:D

    I had a relative named Odessa and have always loved the name.

    You're right about the music. It is awesome. Sorry I'm late getting to this one. I hope you're doing well and feeling great this week.

    ReplyDelete