confessions and wishes


Today I woke up early and thought, "I really want a bike". The only reason I've been hesitating in getting one is that I'm not sure if I can bike the hills in my neighborhood and because my studio is so small that I don't even know where to store it. But still, looking at this lovely sketch makes me want it even more (photo via frolic).

* * *
So its been quiet here lately. End of the school year and all that. "All that" means I've been thinking a lot. About my family, (future) travels, where I want to be next year, etc. Like I said, its the end of the school year. I tend to be more melancholy in June.

* * *
I just found out this weekend that the guy I have a massive crush on just got engaged. *um, can you hear my heart breaking?* So sad. It's not like there was ever any hope for us but I've always thought that he is one of those eternal bachelor types, too passionate with his artistic pursuits to ever settle down, so his status update on Facebook was such a surprise. Sigh.

* * *
This concert was all kinds of wonderful! I squealed and jumped up and down when they played the song 'French Navy'. Haha. And I got to spend time with a friend who just got back from Paris so I was over the moon.

* * *
It's 58 degrees and drizzly here in San Francisco. I wish I was somewhere sunny and warm, riding a bike with flowers in my hair.

5 comments:

  1. Aw. I love the great image I got with that last bit. You should get a bicycle. It does feel like flying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Odessa,
    I am regular reader of your blog and I love it for a number of reasons. I have spent nearly 2 years in SF and I love the city. After I had to leave the bay area, I feel like your wonderful blog kept me in touch with the area.I admire the way you find little joys in everyday life and the fact that you express your feeling so well.Just want to say Thank you and also don't stop writing. You're awesome!

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cassandra, thanks. I know, I'm looking at a bike shop catalog right now.

    maryanne, thanks for dropping me a line! and thank you for your kind words, it made my day. do you have a blog too? we should exchange links :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sketch is delightful and so are your confessional wishes, even with being blue. June is like that here, too. It should be fabulous, but it is cool and mostly misty.

    I hope your travel plans work out and a new crush makes himself known. And a pretty bike, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. deb, thank you! crossing my fingers for all those wishes to come true ;)

    ReplyDelete