where the light is

This is my favorite coffee shop in the city. I love it for so many reasons, but mostly because on sunny afternoons, the light falls so beautifully here, turning everything it touches into something so sweet I could stare at them forever --- the froth on my latte, the pages of my journal, the chair cushion prints, the paintings on the wall, the single white rose on each table -- even the view from my window is lovely.

This last picture is my favorite. I saw these two happily scribbling away in their own tables and I was secretly rooting for them to be together. It was like a scene out of a movie and I couldn't help myself, I thought that they'd make a gorgeous couple. Isn't it funny how you see certain people and start to imagine what their story could be like?

12 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful, Odessa! I love your description, and the pictures are gorgeous. What a great place to write.

    You sound just like me when I watch people. They look like they'd make a great couple:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place it must be. you weave such a lovely story with your words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do that all the time. Especially on the train. And if I'm eating somewhere and watch two people together I wonder if/how long they've been together.

    By the way, you won this week's giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary lynneJune 30, 2009

    hi miss O! where is this coffee shoppe? the latte looks scrumptious... glad to hear your summer is full of inspirations... hope to catch up with you soon.... cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. The place seems to match you just right. I love the look of your neat script in the journal, next to the yummy latte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and your imagination...=) i remember when we did that when we had dinner at that thai resto a couple of years back... we were making up a story that the two dudes where on their first date... =) hehe=) do you still remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful. Can you reveal its location?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY I've been there!

    I think the journal picture is so pretty, and such a good summary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear all,
    thank you for your lovely comments. it makes me happy to share pictures of my favorite places here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mauigirl and ms. m, this is the cafe + art bar in hayes valley.

    cuileann, oh im so happy you've been here before...isn't it such a sweet place?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prefect! Thanks for sharing you favorite spot with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely!!!!!

    I too, love the way, sun rays fall, as you portrayed, thats how i select a spot in the coffee shop.

    Nice thinking as well!.. I think, thats the way to live in the happy imaginary world! only a person, who love in the lierary could think like this.

    ReplyDelete