come away with me

This summer has been very laid back, I've had a lot of free time (maybe even too much), I did so many things and visited places in and around California, but I still can't help but feel a little restless. For the most part, I've been surrounded by friends and family, and I guess I was just craving some alone time, so yesterday I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to the beautiful town of Petaluma in Sonoma.

Some photos that I took around downtown Petaluma. My aunt Faye used to live in this riverside town and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Its one of the places that made me want to move to the Bay area, it has a lot of old buildings, Victorian houses, art galleries, and quaint old-town charm.

This store is my favorite. Everything about it makes me happy, especially its name - Splendid Little Shoppe. Its filled with scented candles, handmade soaps, exquisite aprons, and all things lovely.

Soon I found myself at the travel section in a bookshop, but unlike before, I didn't spend my time browsing travel guides, wishing that I went somewhere far. I am happy to be here.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs, Odessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful! Your posts always make me want to hop in the car and drive to California today!! I love your pictures, as always. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been near Petaluma, but not quite there. I stayed for a week at Sonoma State. It's a gorgeous area. I love that bottom photo the best. Nice! Your trip sounds relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to travel!

    ReplyDelete