a little trip to goldilocks

Last Friday, we braved the fog in Daly City to eat at Goldilocks, a Filipino bakery/restaurant, for some mouth-watering pastries. Our dinner was so yummy it made me forget about the mountain of paperwork that I need to organize for the beginning of school year.

Here's me being such a dork while eating bibingka (a form of rice cake). I personally think my grandma makes it the best but this one comes close. Afterwards, we watched the movie Julie and Julia, which made me crave for more desserts - of course.

Now about the movie, it was good but it wasn't great. I absolutely loved Meryl Streep's performance as Julia Child. In fact, I think a movie of just Julia (minus Julie) would have been so much more interesting. I don't know why but Julie (played by Amy Adams) seemed a bit annoying and needy to me. Anyone else seen the movie? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting movie that kept me interested from the very beginning..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odessa, you have the coolest blog on the web! I always get a kick out of your pictures and stories of the places you go. The food looks awesome. And you're beautiful, even when you're clowning around...:)

    I haven't seen the movie. The name makes me think of an evil wench I know. Bah ha.

    Thanks for the perspective about the character. She seemed annoying in the short clip I saw. I agree with you. Julia by herself would be much better. Thanks, Odessa! Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww...thanks Julie! you are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw the movie today and loved it!! Meryl Streep never ceases to AMAZE. Thought Amy Adams did well, as did the male supporting actors.

    But Meryl. Oh Meryl. She rocks!

    Peace,
    JP/deb

    ReplyDelete