making me happy

Click on image for a larger view

This Literary Map of San Francisco. I love it, I want to have it. No, I need to have it. (via SFist)

Finding a dress that I love on e-bay -- new with tags, a quarter of its original price! And because I'm terribly shallow, I think its destiny. Ha.

Writing again. Exercising again. Getting over my 'under the weather' phase, because frankly, it doesn't look good on me and I'm sick and tired of being tired.

A bag-full of tangerines and strawberries for $2.25! It's amazing how much cheaper things are on the other side of town.

An elderly Chinese couple holding hands in front of a movie theater. He was carrying her purse, she was gazing adoringly at him. Ah, love.

Reading some of my old journals, laughing out loud in the middle of night. Some of the things I wrote were just too silly.

This book by Naomi Shihab Nye. I am absolutely blown away by her beautiful writing.

Writing old-school letters and notes. I keep a stash of notecards in my purse and try to write on them whenever I can. E-mails are overrated.

Walking everywhere to do my errands. Especially walking to the library, there's something so magical about carrying books while walking up and down the hills of Noe Valley.

"Your face is written/ on the setting sun, all colors/ and fire, all warm." (San Diego, 12.11.08)-- scribbled on my planner, makes me smile.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The literary map is awesome!! Yes, now I want one of those:) We have something else in common. I absolutely love Naomi Shihab Nye's work. What talent.

    I also love the image of the old couple. It reminds me of my grandparents. They held hands and looked at each other with that light in their eyes.

    Thanks for making me smile again, Odessa. I hope you had a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good stuff happening, Odessa.

    The map is fabulous - and so is Naomi Shihab Nye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. julie, isn't the map just awesome? i don't think its for sale though. but i'm still on a hunt.

    michelle, thanks! a lot of goodness indeed.

    ReplyDelete