all i wanna do


Right now, I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I had a really rough week. I'll spare you the details but let's just say that for the first time in all 7-something years that I've been in my profession, I actually wondered if its time to switch careers. Or work with a different population at least.

I love working with children, I really do. But they can be very challenging at times. And working with children with special needs is even more challenging. Especially if they start throwing chairs or anything that they can get their hands on. Add lack of sleep to the equation and I was ready to tear my hair out.

And then this morning I did some assessments and met two of the sweetest kids and my heart lightened. Just like that.

So yeah, I'm still tired and overworked. But not so much frustrated anymore. Weekend plans include: sleeping, reading, yoga (I haven't gone in 3 weeks!), watching foreign films, and sleeping more.

P.S. Don't you just love the photo above? I want her purple tights! (by Rebecca Miller via deMode)

P.P.S. I hope you have plans for a relaxing weekend too.

2 comments:

  1. If you can find one thing in the day that brings you a little joy, then it's all worth it.

    Take care of yourself. Deep breaths!

    ReplyDelete