a lovely surprise


A couple of months ago, I was reconnected with a relative of mine who was also our nanny when we were little. She is now living in Arizona and we haven't heard from her in years and all of a sudden, through another relative and through Facebook, we were able to exchange messages and talk on the phone. Don't you just love it when that happens?

Today, she found an old picture of us and scanned it for me. That's her on the left in the vertical stripes and me right beside her with my super straight hair. And that's my mom in the middle, my sister Moira holding a stuffed toy and our neighbor who was hairdresser. Check out our haircuts - oh my.

Looking at this picture brought back so many memories. Like how for a long time I didn't know how to smile for the camera and how nervous/anxious I was. Meanwhile, my sister Moira couldn't care less, always the feisty one, I remember how we used to have a hard time just making her sit still, let alone pose for a photograph, haha. Those were the days.

Thanks for the picture Te Erms.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about people reconnecting after so many years apart. As much as some of us may hate technology and how its made us inept at connecting with others face-to-face, it does have its advantages. Like finding long lost friends and family!

    Great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! Y'all are such cute little girls!! I love the picture. I had the same haircut you did. At least for a while. I think my mom hated brushing the rat's nest that was my hair. Thanks for sharing. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete