inspire me

Its been tough these past couple of days. And no, I'm not having a personal, existential crisis, nothing of that sort, but I/we are in a middle of a big case at work and its making me so stressed that I'm even having trouble sleeping at night. Obviously I can't talk about it here and as much as I want to write about something else, I just can't do that right now.

So this is where I need your help. I'm trying to think happy thoughts, so if you have time, please drop me a line in the comment section about words or poetry or things that inspire you and make you happy. I would really appreciate it. Gracias.

P.S. What I wouldn't give to be traveling somewhere on a train in Europe right now. With the one I love, of course.

Photo via le love and A Cup of Jo

6 comments:

  1. My flickr contacts always, always inspire me. I collect their miracles.

    Sidewalk astronomy. The pavement between the ninety-four-year-old man and his telescope which reads DRINK ME. Jupiter's stripes, winter-colored from this distance, three of her moons in a perfect line.

    Giving things away.

    Dreaming of Greenland.

    Registering for my next semester classes. Sociolinguistics and cross-cultural psychology really actually excite me.

    Grace Cathedral, and walking its labyrinth.

    The pomegranate syrup at the coffeehouse. [Verdict on pomegranate latte: foam nasty, coffee good.]

    Realizing that I really know nothing about cameras, nothing about processing or post-processing, and I don't mind. I take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ... I am reading Pinion by Claudia Emerson. That collection makes me very happy. Not that it's a happy collection. The writing is just so lush and disturbing and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have much to offer right now (though I just read this short post dedicated to the third week of November on Curious Girl and it made me smile: http://curiousgirl-lisa.blogspot.com/2009/11/dear-third-week-of-november.html )

    I came in also looking for something lovely to focus my thoughts on. Something that'll inspire me to fly again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://stoneymoss.org/2009/10/21/wordless-wednesday-6/

    My dog, Sport.

    When you get to Portland we'll meet at a dog-friendly coffee shop & you'll meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa Mitchell's album 'Wonder' inspires me and makes me happy. All of the songs on it are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's making me happy:

    -christmas preparations [pretty early, but it's still fun]

    -the smell of coffee

    -surprising people

    -taking pictures

    -christmas music [amazing throughout the year, i swear]

    -visiting angela's blog [my little corner of the world]

    ReplyDelete