hello there


It's cold and rainy where I am, how about you? I really miss blogging in the last 2 weeks. Life got super hectic and no matter how much I wished for it to have more than 24 hours in a day, the reality is that I really needed to attend to pressing matters at hand.

But enough of my woes. The good news is: I'm going home to the Philippines in a week! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. And nervous too, I still have so much to do before I leave and now I officially have 6 more days to get them all done. But I can do this, I have to.

I also want to say that I'm really blessed with wonderful, wonderful people who helped me get through this stressful time:
  • My friend M who took me to a Sound of Music sing-along at the Castro theater and we sang our hearts out, Maria style.
  • Holly prepared an impromptu tea and cupcake party for me in the middle of Japantown.
  • My aunt Faye who took me shopping and insisted that I buy make-up because "looking pretty will always make you feel better". And it did, though I don't even wear make-up but its good to get dolled up every now and then.
  • My cousin Bill who listened patiently while I ranted and took me out to eat sushi and ice cream afterwards.
  • My friend N who calls/texts me random anecdotes that never fails to make me laugh. This one is my favorite: So I found out that this guy who likes me is my younger brother's age. Does that make me a cougar? :)
  • My friend D who shares my love for k-dramas and understands my fangirl ways, who laughs when I'd randomly say, "I think I want to be CF's stalker."
  • My parents, especially my dad, who manages to calm me down every time I call them.
And lastly, there's you my dear friends. Thank you, thank you for your messages. I read each and every one of them and I am really grateful. I'll leave you with this picture of me dorking out at a photobooth in Japantown. What can I say, sparkly photobooths makes me happy.

8 comments:

  1. dearest O, here you are again making me feel so right with your words of knowledge and amusement, i take it all in with much anticipation.... :D wishing you the best of holidays & blessings on your trip home.... hope to see you sooner than later ... i love your picture in Japantown photobooth ... so O ... ; ) Ciao Bella !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been rainy here as well, and I have to admit I've been crossing my fingers for snow. Not to say I'm complaining about the rain...I love it.

    Have a lovely trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope all your preparations for flying away go well, odessa! stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fabulous photo!

    You are missed in blog-o-land, but it's understandable when so many critical things take over. But...

    A holiday at home! I'm so happy you get to go. I hope you have a fabulous time that feeds your heart and soul!

    Travel full and safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow. Ugh. Boston is getting its fair share.

    Enjoy the holidays. Take some time for yourself, and lots of deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Go and leave all your worries behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday in the Philippines! Have a great New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Odessa! I hope your trip is wonderful:) Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete