Photo from The Cherry Blossom Girl
It's cold and rainy where I am, how about you? I really miss blogging in the last 2 weeks. Life got super hectic and no matter how much I wished for it to have more than 24 hours in a day, the reality is that I really needed to attend to pressing matters at hand.
But enough of my woes. The good news is: I'm going home to the Philippines in a week! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. And nervous too, I still have so much to do before I leave and now I officially have 6 more days to get them all done. But I can do this, I have to.
I also want to say that I'm really blessed with wonderful, wonderful people who helped me get through this stressful time:
- My friend M who took me to a Sound of Music sing-along at the Castro theater and we sang our hearts out, Maria style.
- Holly prepared an impromptu tea and cupcake party for me in the middle of Japantown.
- My aunt Faye who took me shopping and insisted that I buy make-up because "looking pretty will always make you feel better". And it did, though I don't even wear make-up but its good to get dolled up every now and then.
- My cousin Bill who listened patiently while I ranted and took me out to eat sushi and ice cream afterwards.
- My friend N who calls/texts me random anecdotes that never fails to make me laugh. This one is my favorite: So I found out that this guy who likes me is my younger brother's age. Does that make me a cougar? :)
- My friend D who shares my love for k-dramas and understands my fangirl ways, who laughs when I'd randomly say, "I think I want to be CF's stalker."
- My parents, especially my dad, who manages to calm me down every time I call them.