my 30th birthday

Turning 30 was a little anticlimactic, in a good way. I don't even know why I was anxious about it in the first place and it turned out to be just like any other birthday though it was so much more special because I got to spend it with my family. And we did things that I love: hang out all day together, watch a foreign film DVD, play with my niece and nephew, take a lot of pictures, sing at a karaoke place, etc. It was really low key and intimate. And best part was, we all got to dress up!


Here I am obviously too excited in my birthday dress. Its puffy and girly and it has swans in it, making me want to dance on my tiptoes. We had dinner was at a nice little Italian restaurant on top of the hill, overlooking the city. I think we may have loved the food too much because we ate them all, as evidenced in the "after" photo below.


Afterwards, we went to a karaoke place and rented a room for 2 hours so we can sing our hearts out. The first photo above with the disco ball was taken from our room, gotta love those disco lights! And I must say, most of my family have really good singing voices. In fact my parents were lead characters in our town musical when we were little.


Lastly, here is a pic of my siblings and I, taken during an earlier photo session before we went to dinner. I don't think I'm supposed to post our family photos here, but I can't resist sharing this one. We're definitely a party of five.

"Happiness is only real when shared", my brother quoted this one time from his favorite movie Into the Wild. And on this day, yes, it was more memorable because I got to experience it with the people I love the most.

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you had a blast with your family, my friend! life gets better and better... don't forget, 30s is the new 20s. hehe=)
    miss you! hope to see you soon!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks 'rish! miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Odessa! You have such a beautiful family. It looks like it was a great time. Your dress is awesome, and so are your SHOES!

    ReplyDelete