i'd pay to visit you on rainy Sundays

Today:
It rained most of the day.

I woke up early and did most of the things that I wanted to do: church, eat a leisurely meal, write. Little things that seem like huge victories these days.

At church, I overheard a little girl say: "Mama, the priest washed that boy's hair". I'm starting to think that I like that better than saying "the boy was just baptized."

At a coffee shop, I watched a teenage boy with autism play with a string while his elderly father was reading a newspaper. There was something peaceful about the way the two of them interacted, without words, each absorbed in what they were doing.

I listened to Belle and Sebastian while doing some paperwork and realized just how much I missed them. The title of this post was taken from a Belle and Sebastian song (thanks Jo for reminding me), one of my favorites.

And did you see this? I'm not really into designer clothes, but this one is just magical. The music, the clothes, the stage, the people - its all dreamy, perfect for a rainy Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Odessa. It's great to see you! Awesome stuff. The little girl at church made me laugh. The boy with autism and his elderly father is such a sweet image. It sounds like a peaceful scene.

    I'm wishing blue skies for you today!

    ReplyDelete