scenes from a lovely weekend

This photo was taken along Highway 1 in Santa Cruz, one of my favorite places on earth. Santa Cruz appeals to my inner bohemian, with its endless sunshine, great local art scene, and abundance of quirky characters. I love how laid-back and mellow it is here, how I can easily go from the beach to the redwood forests in a matter of minutes.

Here's my aunt and uncle visiting from New Jersey. They are one of those rare couples who are so attuned to each other that spending time with them is so easy and inspiring. I especially love how they still hold hands and do little things for each other.

And here's the dress that made me break my no-shopping rule. I could give you a list of excuses why I bought it (mainly because it was on sale), but really, this dress just makes me happy. And that's what matters, right?

P.S. I hope you also had a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. The photos are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just looking at that dress makes me happy too...and wish it'd be warm for weeks already! The weekend was gorgeous, but then Monday rolled in with it's gray skies and rain. Blah, so over it.

    Looks like you had a fun weekend with great pictures to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. inkgirl, thank you!

    dorkys, thanks! i'm sending sunshine your way :)

    ReplyDelete