a cafe by the sea

We went to Half Moon Bay yesterday and stopped by my favorite seaside cafe in Miramar Beach on our way back to the city. This little coffee shop holds a special place in my heart. My cousin Bill and I found it on a stormy New Year's Day, back in 2006 when I came to visit him in San Francisco. We were cold and hungry, it was torture to drive in the pouring rain, so we decided to take one of the exits along Highway 1 to see if we could find someplace to eat. Imagine how happy we were when we found it, with its flickering Christmas lights and toasty fire, I could have stayed there watching at the ocean for a long time.

Here's a short video that I took both inside the cafe and the view of the ocean across from it. This is my first time making a video, I edited the speed a little to show you the gorgeous afternoon light (you know I'm all about the light), and added a background music from a current favorite K-drama called Personal Taste. It took me a long time to edit this but I really liked the way it turned out. I hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great cafe. It's so cool when you discover a place like this on accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Des. happy accidents are indeed the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, what a gorgeous places that looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video makes me *ache* to be home.

    ReplyDelete