summer goals

Its so bright and sunny outside its almost a crime that I'm sitting in a coffee shop writing reports (and blogging) but I have to, otherwise my poor mom will have to spend the first few days of her visit watching me type away on my laptop. Three more reports to go -- aja aja!

So I woke up this morning and started making lists, a work list and a personal list, then decided to make one for my summer goals just for fun. I never used to make one and end up scrambling for last-minute plans because I'm bored and start spending money that I can't afford to spend. This summer, I want to keep it simple.
  • (Re)read some favorite classics: Jane Eyre and Mrs. Dalloway.
  • Go to the farmer's market more often.
  • Always have fresh flowers in my apartment.
  • Find that perfect white summer dress.
  • Start doing yoga again.
  • Learn Japanese.
  • Clean out my closet.
  • Drive along Highway 1 to Big Sur.
  • Make cupcakes and macarons.
  • Buy a Fuji instax mini film camera.
  • Visit this lavender farm.
And the best part is, I can do a lot of these things with my mom! Ah, is it summer yet?

(Photo by Pauline Darley via Black Eiffel)

3 comments:

  1. mary lynneMay 31, 2010

    it's nice that your mother's visiting... it's good to have summer goals... time just flies ... cheers ms. O =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh enjoy re-reading Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Eyre is a great read.

    ReplyDelete