bits and pieces

This morning I made yogurt parfait for breakfast. A cup of plain yogurt + granola, some thinly sliced strawberries and bananas, a handful of blueberries, a bit of honey, and viola, parfait is ready in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not much of a cook but I do like making breakfast. And mornings like this, when I'm not sleep-deprived and rushing to get everything done, are few and far between so I really treasure them.

We are almost done with summer school and I get two weeks off before we go back to work in August. Between ballet and Japanese classes, my days are already filled but I really want to get *some* writing done this summer. I have a timer that works really well for my students and I'm planning to use that too for my writing exercises. Writing at least thirty minutes per day is not too much to ask, right?

Happy Friday, my friends. I'll leave you with these stills from one of my favorite French films, Le Balloon Rouge.

2 comments:

  1. The images are really beautiful...I especially like the last shot of all the balloons together. :) It made me smile.

    Writing 30 minutes is a good idea, since you're bound to get at least *something* good out of it. Thanks for reminding me that I should probably do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks maya! you should watch this little film, its precious.

    ReplyDelete