hajimemashite.

That's "how do you do?" in Japanese. You use it when introducing yourself to someone for the first time and I noticed that I have new blog readers so -

Hajimemashite. Watashi wa Odessa desu. Doozo yoroshiku.
(How do you do? I'm Odessa. Nice to meet you.)

As you can see, I'm learning Japanese. Beginning conversation and Hiragana and loving it so far. Especially writing Hiragana. Its so exciting to write/read these characters and realize that they actually mean something. I know it will take *a lot* of hard work and perhaps years of studying but I'm really looking forward to reading poetry in Japanese. How cool would that be? I can always start with haiku, right?

P.S. To my new readers: Welcome and don't forget to say hello in the comment section. I'd love to hear from you! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Odessa! I've been lurking for a bit, and finally officially became a follower. Just saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat experience! I've heard that Japanese is a pretty tough language to learn, but it would be so cool to know how to write and speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tien! thanks for dropping by. i'm so excited you're *following* me :)

    maya, yes its very hard and i'm really fumbling with the words. but its also very exciting at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello odessa...i started blogging about a month ago. i am a fairly new follower, i find your blog very inspiring! hope you drop by mine
    http://liveloveteachart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. angel dog designs: hi there! thanks for the warm hello. and welcome to my little site. yes, i'll be sure to drop by yours too :)

    ReplyDelete