lavender, lavender

One of my summer goals was to go back to this lavender farm for their June harvest so my mom and I went there 3 weeks ago but the lavender weren't in bloom yet. Even so, we still had a wonderful time, my mom especially loved all the pretty flowers!

Last Monday, I called the farm and they said that yes they are indeed harvesting so I invited Holly to come with me again and we went frolicking in the lavender fields. With everything in full bloom and the smell of lavender high in the summer air, its definitely one of the happiest places on earth!

I might have been too excited to sit still for a picture. Ha.

I just love how peaceful this couple looked. But then, who wouldn't be? Lavender fields and vineyards as far as the eyes can see, add some wine (it is a winery after all) and its bliss, bliss.

P.S. If you're from the Bay area and want to visit Matanzas Creek Winery and its lavender farm, check out their website here.

P.P.S. See more photos from Holly here.

3 comments:

  1. erlyn hillJuly 07, 2010

    kon-nichi-wa, hajime mashi te.
    watashiwa namae erlyn desu.
    your mom looked very at home there wtih you there, Ode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'rish aviJuly 07, 2010

    love this place, odang! i hope you can take me to this place sometime=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. konichiwa erlyn-san! genki desu ka? thanks for dropping by. and yes, my mom does love it here :)

    'rish, you and mario should come visit me and i'll definitely take you to this winery :)

    ReplyDelete