more postcards from the coast

I'm still sorting through hundreds of pictures from my mom's visit and thought I should share some of the highlights from our coastal trip. If you haven't already, I really recommend driving down (or up) along Highway 1 in California. Its truly a beautiful, beautiful drive.

This photo was taken at the Pigeon Point Lighthouse Hostel. I wish I had taken more pictures of their quaint cottages but I was too enamored by the view to even remember. You can see pictures from their website here.

I took my mom to the beautiful Carmel Mission and its rustic flower gardens. Unfortunately, there was a wedding and no photography was allowed inside. I did sneak up a photo of the newlyweds.

My mom was really happy when she saw the statue of St. Francis of Assisi, our town's patron saint.

And I, of course, was in heaven because of this hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's in Monterey.

This might be my favorite picture of the trip. I just love how young and carefree my mom looks here. And yes, it goes without saying that I miss her so, as much as I miss the rest of my family.

P.S. See part one of our coastal trip here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to drive along the scenic routes when I go over! Two more weeks and still as excited as ever. It looks absolutely gorgeous, sunny and bright. Lucky you for having such perfect weather for most of the year. You sure you don't want to swap a couple months of sunshine for a little bit of snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dorkys, i am excited for you too! i'm sure you will have a great time. and its actually not all sunshiny here in san francisco. our summers are really chilly and foggy, but i like it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of your mom is awesome! I remember earlier you posted a picture of yourself I think in the same setting and I thought it was lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. anjali, thanks. the pic of me was actually taken in half moon bay while my mom's was in sta. cruz. but yes, they are very similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of the newlywed couple is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete