deconstructing an outfit

Inspired by your lovely comments about my dress from this previous post (thank you!), I decided to share the rest of the outfit. Here is a full-length photo of me with the foggy Point Reyes coastline in the background:

IMG_0302

I'm not exactly sure what is up with my head tilt, I guess I tried to do a hand-on-hair pose like a good fashion blogger, only to realize that my hair is tied back. Ha! I've got to give it to fashion bloggers, posing in front of the camera is haaaaaard. I don't know how they do it on a regular basis.

Anyways, this dress has an interesting back story. I bought it full price at Anthropologie, felt guilty and returned it, couldn't get it out of my mind so I stalked and stalked it online until it finally went on sale months later, and managed to snag the last petite dress in my size. Yes, I'm crazy. But I really do think its worth all the stalking. It's white and strapless with a very full skirt and stripes at the bottom, I can mix and match it with almost everything in my closet -- what's not to love?

Outfit details:
Dress - Anthropologie
Jacket - Forever 21
Headband - Anthropologie
Hair clip used as a pin - H&M
Wool scarf - old flea market find
Boots - Seychelles, on sale at a local boutique


*Photo of me taken by Holly

8 comments:

  1. You are so freaking cute! Absolutely adorable. I love your styles o much. part boho, part casual, part chic, part arts and crafts--just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and it looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, ladies. you are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not crazy at all! i have actually done the same thing before (bought and returned and stalked ad re-purchased, lol)...the dress is worth it, you look adorable. sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful ensemble! You look great. And should really post outfit pictures more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely! You look fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. angel dog designs, thank you. i'm glad i'm not the only one who returns things and change their mind later.

    anjali, thanks! i need to be more comfortable in front of the camera first if i want to post more outfit photos. :)

    maya, thank you dear. you are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete