happiness creek

happiness creek

Goodbye summer break, hello new school year. Tomorrow we go back to work and the daily grind so it was just fitting that I spend this day adventuring up north to Point Reyes. Stopped by this creek, which I'm too lazy to look up the name, so let's just call it the Happiness Creek, because that's what it does, it makes you forget about that panicky feeling knowing that your lazy summer days is about to end. It felt so good to wade in the cool water and look up the tall redwoods with the sun on my face!

IMG_0275

IMG_0251

IMG_0271

Posting will be light for the next couple of days as I try to get organized for the new school year. Wish me luck.

(Photos of me taken by Holly)

7 comments:

  1. Aww... you looks fantastic in the creek! Kinda hard to say goodbye to our summer when it hasn't even started. I feel like we've been living in perpetual fall.

    Good luck with the new school year. I can't even imagine what it's like to have the whole summer off and then have to go back to work. I think it'd be like the feeling you get when you have to leave a wonderful vacation, but 10x worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful place (love your skirt too) and sending lots of positive thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived in the bay area my whole life, and I've never been to Pt Reyes. But your beautiful pictures are making me think that I really really should go. And your outfit is beautiful too (great skirt).
    Re: your comment...I was thinking that I should start labelling my recipe 'easy' and 'intermediate' to make it easier for non-cooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! it looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tien, thanks! you're so right, we haven't even had our summer yet. and yes, i was feeling very panicky that i didn't do all the things that i wanted to do for the summer break and just like that it was over. at least i got to 'recharge' and take a day trip.

    sofia, thank you! i really need those positive vibes, what with all the budget cuts our caseloads are so high this year :(

    indie.tea, you should definitely go to Pt. Reyes. its one of my favorite places in northern cal.

    hila, thank you. it was a lovely day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Odessa!

    I love your pictures you took at Happiness Creek! Just lovely! Hope you enjoyed your summer break and good luck to a new school year!

    ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was SUCH a good day.

    ReplyDelete