green apple books, circa 2008

odessa

Looking at this photo makes me smile. My friend Dae sent it to me a couple of days ago with a caption that says "Your Happy Place". It was taken at one of my favorite used bookstores in the city. A lot of things happened on this day, beautiful things. We also met a certain guitar-strumming boy for the first time and our lives will be never the same again after that. So here's to friendship and found old photographs.

(Photo by Dae. You can visit her new blog here)

7 comments:

  1. You look so happy there! Looking at this photo brings so many memories back... I worked for four years there during college.

    I've made many friends from that place. I miss the creaking floor boards and discovering the strange things people do when they think no one is looking while they browse in the nooks and crannies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that's so cool Tien! I've always wanted to work at a bookstore. I'm sure you met a lot of interesting people there. And your comment about the strange things that people do -- I can only imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, I didn't even have to click through to know who you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holly, you know me too well! :P
    glad everything's fine with you. good luck with those DSLRs. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That day was unforgettable! We definitely need to do another (mis)adventure. Thanks for the plug,ga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been inside Green Apple in ages; I miss it so. What a fantastic picture.

    ReplyDelete