mamachari


I want one. And now the want has intensified a thousand times over when I saw this picture of Ebony's new mamachari in Tokyo and this line from Holly's blog post:

"the part they didn't tell you about riding off into the sunset—how beautiful the light would be falling on your handlebars..."

Gah. I want a bike so bad but its just not practical for me right now. First because my studio is too small that there is nowhere to store it. And second because I live in a very hilly neighborhood that biking to work would probably take all my energy and I won't have any left to deal with my very active students. Of course, if/when I move to Japan...now that's another story.

Watch this adorable video of Japanese mothers and their mamacharis, picking up their kids from kindergarten. My cheeks hurt from smiling too much, especially since I can understand some of the words that they're saying.



P.S. I actually just spent most of my Saturday afternoon in a dentist's chair, had 3 fillings and all that good stuff so I'm quiet loopy right now, which may explain this sudden desire to own a bike. :)

(Photo via Hello Sandwich)

7 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous bike! i want one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw...what a sweet aspect of bike culture.

    wishing a speedy recovery for your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ody! i know, right? love that its turquoise.

    holly, thanks! mouth is on its way to recover after eating ice cream. i hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bike is so sweet, i love the color :)
    your blog is lovely
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one too, it certainly beats a car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about those fillings! That's a beautiful bike...I don't blame you for wanting one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one tooo!!! My kids would think this is fabulous!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete