first look: jane eyre

Photobucket

It must be Jane Eyre season here because the goodies just keep on coming. And I'm certainly not complaining. Remember when I wrote about Cary Fukunaga's new film adaptation? Well, they just released the theatrical trailer a few days ago and oh my, be still my heart. It is *almost* exactly like the Jane Eyre that I saw in my head while reading the book. I had to watch it a couple of times to take it all in. The combination of dark gothic elements and gorgeous cinematography is giving me shivers. I'm also really amazed by Mia Wasikowska's otherworldly intensity as Jane, she seems perfect for the role. Ahhhh...spring can't come soon enough. Have a look at the trailer and tell me what you think.

P.S. The movie poster is lovely too. I really like the subdued colors.
Photo via Jane Eyre Trailer

8 comments:

  1. wow, it looks SO much more dramatic, in the exciting rather than subtle way. thanks for posting about this! got to tell my nerd friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really does look just about perfect, doesn't it? so lovely and dark...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @holly, i know right! its more dramatic, in a theatrically-appropriate way. like taking the written word and turning it into a visual narrative...if that makes sense. :)

    @erin, i'm so glad you liked it! we should definitely arrange a virtual JE viewing party so we can all geek out and talk about rochester and jane all we want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe I've never read it? I should be ashamed, huh? Looks incredible though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeek! I just made a childishly excited sound :) Thanks for posting this, it'll be most useful for my book with Palgrave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see this movie. It looks fantastic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to have read this (sorry for my long absence!). I loved Jane Eyre when I read it, will have to re-read it years ago and then go see the movie! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, this looks AMAZING! One of some amazing movies on my to-watch list this spring.

    ReplyDelete