vintage perfection

jane

Candice Lesage

I literally swooned when I saw these photos. They were taken by Candice Lesage, a 19 year-old Parisian blogger and photographer. She found this 1957 edition of Jane Eyre at a flea market for only 1 euro! Isn't it just gorgeous? I am so in love with the color and the typography. And how her caption says "Reader, I married him". This is also one of my favorite lines from the book and it makes me want to pull out my own copy and immerse myself in Jane's world yet again.

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Have you read the Wide Sargasso Sea yet? IF not, DO IT! You'll finish it in an afternoon. It's suppose to rain on Sunday, and I can't think of a more perfect book. I'm off to check out this young lady's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me. It means a lot to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. tien, thanks for reminding me! i just picked up a copy from the library this afternoon. will def read it soon. :)

    candice, my pleasure. your lovely photos and blog are meant to be shared. thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Candice's blog all the time - and I still can't get over how lucky she was to find this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I know right? I was even thinking, who in their right mind would give that book away? Candice is indeed lucky she was at a right place at the right time. Its meant to be.Thanks for dropping a note! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing. And the background of the pictures just goes so, so well. :) Lovely - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a pretty cute copy of Jane Eyre :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. maya, hi! glad you liked them.

    hila, it is lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete