like wine through water

lavender

"I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind." - Catherine, Wuthering Heights

I wish I know a better way to juggle everything right now - work, friends, family, the writing life. I long for a whole day when I can just lay in bed and read to my heart's content. I started picking up Wuthering Heights yesterday and I'm excited to re-enter Cathy and Heathcliff's turbulent world yet again. God knows I have enough on my plate but maybe that's exactly why I chose this novel, it's too dark and intense that its easy to be swept away in its intensity.

It is almost my winter break and I'm taking it easy this year. And crossing my fingers that I'll have enough time to catch up with all of you.

Oh, and random note. A Japanese-style coffee shop is called kissaten. Don't know why but I love it so.

I hope everyone is keeping warm in this cold wintry season. xxo.

♥ Odessa

7 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts so much! Glad to see you're doing okay, even if you're busy. I love this photo of you! Where did you take it?

    Stay warm and dry tomorrow. It's supposed to rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I love Wuthering heights. And that quote. And Heathcliff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Long time i didnt read your thoughts :)
    Keep writing the good things I like it all
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Odessa. It's great to see you. I hope you have a wonderful break with lots of time to relax. Stay warm and dry:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...sorry. That anonymous was me. My clumsy arm hit enter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a great start to the holidays. This time of year is always so up and down!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. tien, thanks! you are so sweet. this photo was taken at the lavender garden in sonoma.

    julia, yess. love wuthering heights. i'm not a big fan of heathcliff but i do find him fascinating.

    zucchini, thanks for dropping by. i'm so glad you still remembered me.

    julie, thanks! i missed you. have a great holiday season.

    onecraftyfox, thank you. and yes, i intend to relax and take it easy this time. :)

    ReplyDelete