a very special day

flowers

mochi


the world of the fireflies
has invaded my thoughts
(what a beautiful time!)
and a miniature heart
blossoms on my fingers.
~Federico Garcia Lorca

Today is my birthday. And it also marks my 5th year of blogging. 5 years!!! Can you believe it? I can't either. I still remember how I felt when I posted my first entry, that feeling of what am I getting myself into? and my excitement when I saw that after weeks of writing without a single reader, someone finally wrote the first comment.

So here's to my birthday and to my little blog. And here's to you, my dear readers. Thank you, thank you. This blog has changed my life in so many lovely ways and a lot of it has to do with all of you. Cheers! Kanpai!

self-portrait

Birthday Self-Portrait, 12.27.10

In photos above: flowers I got for my birthday + lace details of my new dress, mochi ice cream (yum!), and my birthday braids.

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Odessa! Your blog and YOU are very, very beautiful. I always enjoy reading and looking at your content. Here is to many, many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday again, dear Odessa. these elements of your day are so lovely and so you. I adore this (and YOU!)...even if 31 is the last day on the calendar. (hee.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Odessa, yes time flies but we will always be here to read your beautiful posts :) A big hug
    sofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday again ^^

    Love those pictures~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Odessa! Those are lovely birthday goodies :)

    And it's been fun getting to know you via blog over the years. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love it all. those flowers are so pretty by the way. look at you all grown up. love the dress...very you and the whole ensemble is very grown up and a new look. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ladies, thank you so much for the birthday greetings and your sweet messages.

    love,
    odessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy (late!!) birthday(s), Odessa! May your next year be full of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been incredibly behind in my blog reading; sending you some very belated but very sincere happy birthday wishes to you Odessa! Hope you had a wonderful day and are having a great start to your new year as well. You look gorgeous in the Laced with Grace dress btw :)

    ReplyDelete