let's do this again


And everyday I'll try
to do one thing I like
in memory of being happy.

Today is the Lunar New Year. We had Korean noodles at my favorite joint and took silly pictures by the Victorian houses in Alamo Square. I wore my new striped coat that I got on a super sale. Its my first clothing purchase so far this year as I'm trying to buy only those that make me absolutely happy, which obviously this coat does. And yes, I do need something to be excited about as the last few days (weeks) were really rough and at times overwhelming.

But there are still little (and big) things to be grateful for. The fact that we are enjoying an almost-summer weather when the other side of the country has a major snowstorm. The opportunity to help a relative in crisis. Friends checking up on me and making sure I took care of my knees. A sweet e-mail from my ballet teacher saying that they missed me in class. Fangirling over this show and that man. Beautiful grainy pictures from a cheap disposable camera. Long walks around my neighborhood. Falling in love with film photography all over again.

I'm hopeful about February and the rest of the year. I've decided that today is a new beginning, just in time for the lunar year to start anew. And inspired by a poem by Franz Wright, my intention is this: try to do one thing I love, everyday.

So it begins. For those of you who celebrate Lunar New Year ~ Gong Xi Fa Cai, Akemashite Omedetou, Happy New Year!

がんばってください!

4 comments: