sacred mornings

breakfast

As the world shrinks, imaginative space becomes more important.
~Jeanette Winterson, Home via le projet d'amour

I've been missing this lately. I juggle so many things at once, between work, classes, spending time with friends -- not to mention technology and social networking.  Even when I'm quiet, I'm seldom really "quiet" because there's that constant hum of my phone whenever a text, e-mail, or Facebook message comes in.  Its becoming a habit, that compulsion to glance at my phone or surf the internet whenever I can.

Don't get me wrong, I love the internets and is constantly inspired by all the creative people that I've met through the blogging world.  But at the same time, I also really need to be mindful of how I spend my time while I'm on it.  Be more selective with the sites and blogs that I visit, so to speak.  Do any of you feel like this lately?

So this is my little act of love for today.  To set aside a quiet space for myself, that space of emptying, and to let inspiration take over.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean...

    love your picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. vibeke, thanks! good to know i'm not the only one feeling this way. just need to work on that balance. ;)

    ReplyDelete