kafka on the shore

R1-06756-000A_0001

R1-06756-000A

"It's hard to tell the difference between sea and sky, between voyager and sea. 
Between reality and the workings of the heart." ~ Haruki Murakami

I've been sick and coughing like crazy since yesterday. Reading (or at least trying to) Kafka on the Shore in between naps, sips of hot tea, and drinking Theraflu. I went to my local Vietnamese noodles place and was touched that they knew what I was going to order even before I even said anything - ginger chicken noodle soup. Then went to pick up fruits at the corner grocery store and the owner gave me a piece of lemon, to put in my tea and make my throat feel better. Such little gestures made me smile.

Also, photos above were taken along Ocean Beach with disposable camera #2. I am falling deeper and deeper in love with disposable cameras.

I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for the lovely comments on my Mexico photos. There's more from the Mayan ruins but will have to post them later. xxo.

2 comments:

  1. mary lynneMarch 12, 2011

    where is this local vietnamese place? ginger chicken noodle soup sounds like the ticket for me too. battling sore throat and cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ms. M, its on castro, between 18th and 19th street.

    ReplyDelete